Thursday, May 29, 2008

Packed and ready to go

I am flying out first thing tomorrow (Friday) morning for Kuwait. I will be in Kuwait for 1-2 days while my passport and visa are processed, then off to Iraq on a military transport flight. My first stop is Anaconda Air Base in Balad, Iraq. Anaconda Air Base is located approximately 50 miles north of Baghdad.

For those who don't know what I am doing in Iraq, I will give you a brief explanation. I am working for an environmental engineering company based in Lafayette, CA. The project I am working on is helping in the transition of hazardous materials facilities from military control to a civilian company at several air bases in Iraq and Afghanistan. I will be auditing two of the facilities in Iraq on this trip for compliance with US EPA and UN regulations. I will be in Iraq for two weeks, with forecasted daytime temperatures between 112 and 122 for those two weeks.

Updates and hopefully pictures to come...

2 comments:

suzy Lane said...

Hey Casey,
Hope your fight is problem-free, and wishing you the best adventure ever!
sue

suzy Lane said...

hey Casey we are @ G'ma's thinking and taking about you... hope you are getting great sleep and are getting used to the climate