I got into Anaconda Air Base today. The base is located in Salāh ad-Dīn (صلاح الدين) Provence, Iraq. I will be here until June 7th. It is late and I am tired, I will post more tomorrow.
Hi Casey, I know you are tired so I took the liberty to post your communication with Amber for June 4:
"Casey: I am done, I am soooo tired it is late here and we worked like 16 hours today.... It was 117 today and we were outside for 12 hours I took pics of planes and helicopters today Amber: is the base cool? do you feel safe? Casey: they fly over the place we are at all day long Yes it seems really safe here nowadays Casey: It is mostly soldiers but there are a lot of Iraqis, Kenyans, and Indians here doing the regular labor stuff..they use them to cook, clean and do stuff like that."
more from June 4th: "Casey: The military flight was worse than the flight across the world Because it was hot and they made us wait in a tent for several hours, then on a hot bus for two hours then on the hot plane for an hour, then we flew for an hour and had to wait in another tent Oh, and we were wearing the full body armor the whole time Casey: It took almost as long as flying to the middle east, except I was sweating the whole time."
3 comments:
Casey,
So glad to here you made it... looking forward to hearing more... take care!
Hi Casey, I know you are tired so I took the liberty to post your communication with Amber for
June 4:
"Casey: I am done, I am soooo tired
it is late here and we worked like 16 hours today....
It was 117 today and we were outside for 12 hours
I took pics of planes and helicopters today
Amber: is the base cool?
do you feel safe?
Casey: they fly over the place we are at all day long
Yes it seems really safe here nowadays
Casey: It is mostly soldiers but there are a lot of Iraqis, Kenyans, and Indians here doing the regular labor stuff..they use them to cook, clean and do stuff like that."
more from June 4th:
"Casey: The military flight was worse than the flight across the world Because it was hot and they made us wait in a tent for several hours, then on a hot bus for two hours then on the hot plane for an hour, then we flew for an hour and had to wait in another tent
Oh, and we were wearing the full body armor the whole time
Casey: It took almost as long as flying to the middle east, except I was sweating the whole time."
Post a Comment